Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pseudo-Epcot Dream

Last night, I had a bit of a strange dream (at least, geographically). 
 
We were walking down a street, sort of near a large field or a schoolyard, discussing what our dinner plans should be.  It was one side of my family, sort of like the family cruise over again.  I had been able to get a reservation at a nice Mexican restaurant, and some people were interested and others weren't.
 
We came to this split in the road which went in about 5 directions (sort of like those crazy Chicago intersections).  I was with my mom and a couple of other family members and said we needed to go down one of those streets.  For some reason, we were leaving the rest of the group.  I don't remember why.
 
After turning off, we walked a few steps and I recognized my surroundings.  It was one of the streets of New Haven and I recognized the dorms on either side of the street.  (Having not been to New Haven in over 5 years, I can't remember the street name for sure but I think it was York.)   We kept moving down this street and entered into a clearing where there was a parade going on.
 
Yes, a parade.
 
With many different countries represented.   Alvin and I looked a little bit ahead and saw the steps that led down into the restaurant.  It was a Disney World type restaurant and looked for the surroundings like it was in Animal Kingdom.  (The logical part of my brain started analyzing that there is only Africa and Asia (and the USA) in Animal Kingdom, but no Mexico...)  To get in there, we had to pass people waiting to join the parade.  There was a contingent of people carrying flags and banners for Somalia, but some of them were Asian.  And in the middle of the Somalia crowd were people with signs for Kota Kinabalu.  (I know this makes no sense.)
 
Eventually, we get into the restaurant and it ends up being more of us than originally planned, etc.  At one point we ask for separate checks.  We tell them we're not on the dining plan (so this is definitely Disney).  The restaurant looks nothing like the Epcot Mexico restaurant.  I don't remember the details but I probably got up shortly after this.
 
Not sure what to make of this.  At all.  Other than, maybe I want Mexican food.

No comments: