Friday, October 09, 2009

Almost There

I don't know if I ever mentioned on here the difficulties with booking our reception for the wedding. We had initially wanted to do it at the same place as the ceremony; it would be convenient and went along with our ideas of a "wedding." However, dealing with the people at the site was like pulling teeth (maybe worse) and their contract was one of the worst I have ever read in my entire life.

So it should be no surprise that when I'm reading the "all about the hotel" book on the coffee "table" here, and it said that their convention services and catering people "have made creativity and efficiency a habit," I burst out laughing.

Creativity? Not seeing any creativity when the answer to your wedding ceremony is "either you pick A or B or you have to go through an intermediary wedding coordinator." (And that's just awesome when A and B are each over $15,000, for the ceremony.) Efficiency? If so, I'm not sure that word means what they think it means.

Anyway, we're here at the hotel where the ceremony will be, and we just moved over today from another hotel that we absolutely love (but didn't know that until after everything was reserved, and we probably would have ditched this room block if not for the hefty deposits). Perhaps I'm a little biased because I love the other hotel, but I think it still wins. I'll do a more detailed assessment later after the wedding, when I have thought about it more, but I suppose they could be reading this right now if they really wanted to spy on people. If so, I would like to tell them to revise their book because "snorkleing" isn't a word.

Everything's really moving now. Tonight we had a "parents' dinner" and tomorrow the wedding weekend events officially start. Crazy how quickly the time has flown by.

No comments: