Thursday, October 01, 2009

Ugh

A few more days until we leave.

As should be expected, that means we are a little crazy!

Not on the outside, though. On the outside, we seem rather calm. I think my stress is at such a buried level that it's causing me other problems though. For example, I usually sleep like a rock through the night. Lately, I can't sleep. I stay up just zoning out or thinking about nothing in particular, and then wake up multiple times during the night. Last night, I woke up so itchy over and over again and nothing I could do would relieve it. At least I had to get up a little earlier for a meeting, so I was able to get up, but still annoying. Now it's about 3:45 am, but I only finished doing work at 3:15, so it makes sense (sadly) that I'm still awake.

That's another thing about leaving soon. So much to do at work! This is the longest vacation I have ever taken (2 weeks) and there just seems to be so many things to do!

So, forget about working out.

Mostly because I want to run and it gets dark early now, and I can't get out of work early enough to go. And forget mornings, because not only can I not usually get up early, but see above.

I was supposed to be super-diligent about working out because, um, strapless dress and big audience coming up soon, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Once we're there, I want to run, swim and go to the gym every day, but I wonder if I'll be able to keep that up. If I can, I should hopefully sleep really well!

Anyway. I think I'm going to stop listening to 80s music and complaining, and will try to fall asleep watching QVC. Of course, tomorrow will be a really long day at work (since we're running out of time) and I will have gotten very little sleep. I'm thinking wedding planning + intense job = bad for your health.

I think I'll do some yoga stretching and then go to sleep. Sounds like a plan.

No comments: