Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Avatar

I'm a little late to the party, but we went to see Avatar in 3D tonight, and WOW. It was completely breathtaking and overwhelming, and I think it was the best thing I have ever, ever seen. I wanted to see it again immediately after it was over, and when it ended, I just couldn't stop crying because it was so amazingly beautiful. Just WOW. That was an experience.

Before the movie started, I was thinking about how our experience at the movies this time (we're in LA) differs from our usual experience at the movies:

1. There were assigned seats. I have never been to a theater with assigned seats before! And we got the very last set of seats in the upper section, so we were really lucky. It was more than half an hour before the movie so I thought we would be fine (not to mention a Monday night), but how was I to know that they had assigned seats? If I knew, I would have tried to buy them earlier this morning and/or online just to make sure we got better seats (or got seats at all, considering how popular the movie is!).

2. The movie itself started at the designated start time. Usually at home I think it's ads before the designated start time, then the trailers and then the movie starts (after the start time). I thought I read sometime about companies getting sued and maybe that's why they start the movie itself on time here? There were some good 3D trailers though, so can't complain.

3. Everyone showed up when the movie was about to start, and not an hour before like we do at home. This probably has to do with the assigned seating thing.

I can't stop thinking about Avatar. It was so, so, so amazingly good. I keep trying to think about other movies that I thought were good to see how it compares, but I can't think of anything that comes close. I want to see it again!!

No comments: