Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cold

It's cold outside.  Wind chill of 17.  Yet, I chose today to go to the outdoor cart.  Some random thoughts:
 
1.  I feel terrible for all those street cart vendors that have to stand out in the cold on the bitterly cold days.  It's already a hard enough job and on a cold day, I want to give them business, but it's hard to want to stand outside in the cold myself!  But today I braved the cold because I am having serious Europa rebellion and it's the next closest place.
 
2.  I really like that we now have a woodwind trio playing in our building at lunchtime.  We used to have a piano player.  I wonder if the piano is broken.
 
3.  I would love for a full sized piano keyboard in our apartment.  Sigh, space issues.
 
4.  We are behind on watching Lost again.  "Up to date" lasted a whole 2 weeks.
 
5.  Did you hear that American Idol is getting Beatles songs for top 12?  I hope they don't butcher it.  Speaking of Idol, sometimes I wonder if the judges are listening to the same show with some of their comments.  I am still having issues with the ringers being there, not necessarily the ones with previous exposure but the ones with recording contracts.
 
6.  I like genmai cha.
 
7.  I need to clean my office (or at least have everything in manageable order so people can find things) by March 12.  That's way too soon...
 
8.  So I got the chicken biryani from the street cart vendor and they warned me that it would be spicy, and it is but I didn't realize it was like spicy to the point where it could make me sweat.  But my tongue hasn't burned off yet.  That's good.  But it's also good because it warmed me up (and I guess is toxin releasing).  When I was waiting on line, 30 more seconds and I would have started shaking from the cold.  But I'm glad I went.  These guys are soooo nice.  I don't think I need this blanket on anymore!  Haha.
 
9.  Picking Rami over Chris on Project Runway... I don't agree with their choice.  I had a feeling that was how it was going to go, because could they really put someone in the final 3 who previously got kicked off the show?  Doubtful.  Besides, the show from the beginning made it seem like Rami would be in the finals.  I really wish it was Chris, Jillian and Christian though.
 
10.  I'm going to air out my office from the biryani and then it's back to closed door, back to work.  Hope you're staying warm!

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Poor Chris - he had to go back to the Monkey House.

Click here for DavidDust’s Project Runway recap.

Bye…love you…love your hair!