Saturday, April 21, 2007

Pictures

I would like to post more pictures on this blog, but I am having issues with the new way the photos are set up and am trying to save quota space.

Here's the problem:

I started using Picasaweb for my photos back when it first opened up, even paid for extra storage space. Now, the new Blogger-Picasa integration places photos from the blog into the web albums associated with your login. Fine... except now if I upload a photo to the blog and have also uploaded the photo into the web album, it counts twice.

Of course, you can link from the web album and put the link to the image directly into the blog. Great, except for the fact that my picasaweb name includes my full name and that kind of defeats the purpose of not revealing that on the blog.

So... I am stuck with the problem where I can upload directly into Blogger in order to protect my privacy and have the same photo in web albums and have it count twice... or I could just not upload photos. (I think there is another alternative but I'm still thinking about that one). I would like to be able to write to Blogger to ask them if there is any way to "cloak" the link or something so as not to reveal my email/login name (who knows if that's even possible), but my multiple circles around the help section does not enable me to do this. So Blogger people - if you are reading this, that is my complaint and I do not know how to ask the question. I feel like I'm being backed into a corner where I either have to reveal my full name or I can't post pictures, which frankly kind of sucks and is very frustrating. I realize there are storage limits, but I'm already paying for extra storage so it's not like I am trying to take advantage of the free storage. I just wish there were another way to do this. Or that my email name didn't include my full name... I don't think it's an issue yet, but with the number of photos I take, it's bound to become an issue at some point. Sigh.

No comments: