Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ABC Upfronts

I hate to write such a quick entry for ABC since it's one of my favorite networks (despite being cancellation trigger happy), but I have stuff to do at work and don't want to stay all night...
 
Shows that aren't coming back:  Nothing to say here except for Daybreak (never had a chance and why does America hate good conspiracy shows?), Extreme Makeover (is it FINALLY gone?), The Nine (we were in San Diego for the last aired episode and I have yet to see it; it was slow but good, but apparently too slow for America), Show Me The Money (horrible show but William Shatner is hilarious), Six Degrees (had much more potential than came through) and What About Brian (not a very good show yet somehow I was addicted to the characters).  I guess I had a lot to say about anything but comedies.
 
Shows that are coming back:  I think I wrote a post awhile ago (or maybe I didn't) about how happy I was with ABC's early renewals.  I still am considering how many of them I watch - Boston Legal, Brothers and Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Men in Trees, October Road (although I don't know why because the writing is horrible) and Ugly Betty.  Hmm, I seem to watch a lot more ABC than NBC...
 
New shows:  I remember being really excited about a lot of the potential ABC shows... I still am :)
 
Based on what we know so far, I like:
 
*  Big Shots: I think I heard this described as a male Desperate Housewives.  And it has Michael Vaughn, so what's not to love about that...
 
*  Cashmere Mafia:  SATC 2.0 but I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much as SATC.  Will give it a shot though.
 
*  Dirty Sexy Money:  Been hearing great things about it... and good cast + crazy family dynamic (Brothers and Sisters?)
 
*  Eli Stone:  Berlanti + a good guy lawyer ... it could work :)
 
*  Private Practice:  I am part of the minority that LIKED the Grey's spinoff, just not how it meshed with the old Grey's in its introduction.
 
*  Pushing Daisies:  Everything I've heard about this show sounds amazing.
 
*  Women's Murder Club:  Don't know if it's going to be good, but the description is enough to make me catch an episode at the start.
 
... and I don't care about:  Carpoolers (eh), Cavemen (I still can't believe someone thought this was a good concept beyond an ad), Miss/Guided (eh), Oprah's Big Give (I haven't watched Oprah in ages), Sam I Am (sounds ok, but I can't tell enough from the description to know whether I should care).
 
Uh oh.  This is a pretty long list.  Maybe I need 2 DVRs...

No comments: