Wednesday, May 02, 2007

American Idol 6.34

I love Bon Jovi, so this was an awesome night for me. I was so excited and he just seemed like a genuinely great person who really wanted to coach and mentor the contestants. So awesome.

I wasn't awed by anyone's performance though - except for Blake. Simon thought that it would be pretty polarizing and it probably was, but I loved it. I expected to hate it when JBJ said it was a big risk, but it was captivating. It was the only one I rewatched. And I voted. I always liked Blake, but tonight, he really got me to vote. And I threw in a few votes for Jordin because I liked her in past weeks (even though this week was really disappointing). Melinda was good but she's done better, I was done with Phil and Chris (especially Chris) a few weeks ago and Lakisha... she can sing but (a) she doesn't seem to listen to any advice from the guest coaches and (b) I'm not sure "singing in church" as training is the same as being "trained" in classical and opera (according to her AI web bio).

I'm excited that JBJ is singing tomorrow. YAY!

But seriously - Bush?! on my TV? Not welcome. We fast forwarded it. I realize we just went through Idol Gives Back, but the show is still entertaining fluff for me and I didn't want it ruined by... that. I watch stuff like Idol to get away from all that.

And this isn't about Idol - but Kenny Mayne and DanceCenter should be on Dancing with the Stars every week! It was hilarious.

Anyway, I should sleep. Have you ever had that feeling where you're very tired and very exhausted but not sleepy? Hard to explain. I think I am sleepy, but just can't get myself to take that extra step to go to sleep.

No comments: