Monday, May 14, 2007

Idiocy

Did you ever have one of those days when you're just an IDIOT?
 
crayon17, meet Monday, May 14th.
 
I don't think it's because I went to sleep at 3 am.  I think I'm just having a stupid day
 
For example, I left for work this morning a little later than I had hoped, but nothing too extreme.  I get to my desk and only then do I realize that the voluminous file I brought home to work on over the weekend is still at home on top of the stereo... where I put it so that I would not forget it.  I even stacked all the papers together so that none would be forgotten.  But alas, I am at the office and the papers are at home.  That would not be such a big deal if I could just reprint the pages (waste of paper, but doable), but no, these were handwritten notes from a call that... I can't replicate so easily.  I brought home just about everything I could work on... and then left it at home.  Sigh.
 
Another example, I went home for said file during lunch.  I stopped at a place to get a burrito bowl and then put it in my bag.  I made sure to rearrange my bag so that the food would be flat and level; I just didn't want to come into work carrying that many bags.  Well, perhaps more bags is preferable to spilling out.  Luckily they wrapped it in both paper and plastic and the durable plastic bag stopped any of the sauce from coming out and drenching my umbrella, cooler, file and other assorted items or else I would actually be upset.  I'm not really that upset by this, more just thinking it's further proof that I'm an idiot.  And it could be worse - the entire bowl could have broken and all the food could be in the plastic bag.  At least it was only lots of sauce leaking and not an entire food disaster.
 
And I mean, stupid day... 3 am going to sleep before going to work?  Without an especially good reason for it either...
 
Other assorted notes:
 
1.  I live on the same block as a school and a playground.  The kids were at recess when I left for the office and they were at recess when I went back for my file.  There was a decent block of time between those two visits.  Are the kids at recess for long periods of time?  Can I go to their elementary school?
 
2.  The Naked Cowboy makes crossing streets difficult when people stop and block the little traffic island to take pictures of him and you can't pass.
 
3.  My mom went to Panera for lunch today and it made me think about the fact that I could go for Panera for lunch right now.  Frontega chicken half plus a half salad.  (Mmm, feta cheese).  But there is no Panera near me.  Then again, a midtown lunchtime Panera could be bad, because it would suffer from the Quiznos/Kati Roll/Chipotle problem of huge long lines while they put your food together fresh.
 
4.  I normally let something like Brothers and Sisters play in the background during work, but how I can play last night's episode without sobbing?  It was absolutely heartbreaking.
 
(Survivor Finale spoiler info below if you haven't watched it yet)
 
5.  The Survivor finale turned out well.  There was only one of the 3 that I wanted to get the money and he won!  Yay!  Go Earl!  This wasn't like last year where I could have been ok with any of them but was rooting for Yul.  This year, I thought Cassandra didn't even try in the challenges and Dreamz... well, he could explain himself 5 different ways on any decision and swear it was his plan from the start.  I wish there were a backup million that we could give to Yau-Man... he deserves it much more than Rupert did that season!
 
Hopefully more on the NBC upfronts later.

No comments: