Monday, September 10, 2007

Overheard at the Chinese Buffet

Tonight we went for dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant. Since I'm still sick (which would be common knowledge had I actually posted that "week in review" post I drafted over the weekend), it was one of the safer options since they had (a) white rice and (b) options for everyone.

A few of tonight's best lines:

A little girl asked her dad for rice to go with the broccoli they just picked up. Dad's response: "Rice? Chinese people don't eat rice."

The people at the table next to us were discussing black holes and explosions. I wasn't really listening but then heard an interesting illustration: "What happens when you pop a pimple?"

Alvin's fortune cookie stated: "Q: How to make a scrambled brain? A: Add Television to a child."

If you're wondering what the other fortunes said:

Mine said, "Stay true to yourself. Your sure about this?"

My parents got one that said, "All thing has a cause. Look into your pass for answer."

I never realized how difficult it is for me to type sentences that have so many errors.

No comments: