Friday, September 14, 2007

The Search for Pumpkins

This afternoon I was feeling a little chilled, and all I could think about was pumpkin pie. Wrapped up in my blanket, I looked up recipes and came across one that was in my Kraft magazine at home for pumpkin loaf. It looked yummy.

After work, Alvin and I went to the Food Emporium to pick up the ingredients for the pumpkin loaf. We found everything, but after multiple trips up and down the baking aisle, there was no canned pumpkin!

How could the grocery store not carry canned pumpkin? It's not like it's Thanksgiving and the cans are flying off the shelves...

Eventually ended up getting a can of pumpkin at the Amish Market. That store always smells so good from the buffet. If only work were closer... I'd go there all the time to get lunch (the same with Whole Foods). A little more resting and then off to make pumpkin loaf!

No comments: