Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jewelry Viruses

Some woman from Maryland called into the QVC jewelry show and started asking something about why there weren't more clip-on earrings.  (At least I think that's what she was asking about -- I watch QVC while working so I wasn't really paying attention.)  The show's host directs her to the QVC website where she could find a lot of clip-on earrings.  It sounded like the woman just wanted someone to talk to, because then she starts going on about how she has a computer, but with pop-ups and viruses and all that, she hasn't turned it on in 18 months.  Not something the host was expecting.  On a jewelry show.  It was funnier when I was listening to it, I think, because of the way the caller was talking.  Just dragging on about the horrible things on the computer.
 
Although, now that I think about it, the fact that she's even used it and knows what pop-ups and viruses are, still puts her ahead of McCain in terms of technology.
 
"I've seen hot grandmas with ankle bracelets on."  And people wonder why I leave this on for background noise.

No comments: