Monday, July 13, 2009

EA 6

Project Get In Shape continues. (I guess I never officially named it that, but there you go.)

I completed my sixth workout in the EA Active 30 day challenge program today. (Although I suppose it's now a 37 or 38 day challenge with all of my skipped days.) It was a hard day. Squats, followed by jump squats, followed by inline skating (which is essentially a prolonged squat followed by a jump, right back into a prolonged squat -- easily, in my opinion, the hardest exercise I've encounted in the program).

I wish there were an accurate way for me to figure out how many calories I'm burning. They give me a projected number and an "actual" number, and my goal is usually to beat the projected number. However, sometimes, the "actual" number advances when I'm not moving. It's also not entirely accurate because instead of their flimsy no-resistance band, I'm using 3 lb weights. It can't account for that. I guess I could invest in one of those armband calorie burning counters, but I don't know if I can get away with wearing that at work.

Overall, I think it's a good program. I get really frustrated with certain things, namely (a) the useless resistance band, (b) how sometimes they don't recognize that I have done the movement and keep telling me to do it, because the position is not quite right (or it is, and they're just not picking it up for some reason) -- this has prompted some angry yelling, (c) how if you start a workout too late in the day, it does not register the workout for the day you start it but instead the day you complete it, so when you log in the next day it gives you the same workout, and (d) sometimes the reps are too slow (if I'm supposed to be burning calories, why am I just standing around between reps?). But other than that, it's a good substitute for a personal trainer.

Ideally I would be doing this and the Shred, both, every day, one in the morning and one at night, but we all know that I don't have that type of time. I wish I did.

No comments: