Saturday, September 05, 2009

Dreams Repeating

Have you ever repeatedly had a dream one night based on the same situation but ending differently each time?

That happened to me last night. I was dreaming about this little girl, about 8 years old, who wanted to get help for her little sister who was sick. She wanted to see a Chinese doctor and the address she kept showing me was in my parents' neighborhood. For some reason, it was difficult to help her and I felt terrible.

I think one time I tried to give her instructions but she couldn't find it. Another time I somehow didn't know who the person was or how to get there. Another time she confronted me with the paper with the address when I was in a store where for some reason people were giving me bridal shower gifts even though I thought they already did (plays into my real life anxiety about thank you notes going to the right people) but I tried to help. She just kept coming back. In the last segment before I woke up, we had gone to the address and she found the doctor, who was trying to help her sister and either intentionally or unintentionally created an earthquake solely in that room.

It was really bizarre. Has that ever happened to you?

No comments: