Sunday, December 20, 2009

Resolutions Check

I just looked at my 2009 resolutions from last new year's eve, and I have a mixed report with respect to progress.

Here's what I resolved and how I did:

1. Manage inboxes more effectively. Get work inbox under 100 and get gmail inbox under 2000 (that's a third of what it is now).

Work inbox - FAIL. Currently at 488. I don't think I went under 100 all year. Gmail inbox - FAIL but progress. If I wanted to be under 2000, and that was a third of what I had on NYE, that means I had over 6000 on NYE (which sounds right). I'm currently at 2772 messages. So, while I may not be under 2000, I'm a lot closer than I was at this time last year and that's substantial progress. And I didn't do what I tend to do when "stuff" is out of hand and move it all to a "review later" folder or box to get it to this point. I've been working hard on deleting email! It's so much work!

2. Do something active every day. Preferably the 30 day shred (when it comes), DDR (when it comes) or Wii Fit or Wii Sports. Or the gym we pay for...

Massive FAIL. In fact, in the month leading up to the wedding, I barely had any time to work out. The 30 day shred is good, but with all the boxes in our apartment, we kept running out of room, not to mention time. DDR was fun, but it's hard to set up, and takes a lot of space in our apartment that we don't currently have. Wii Fit and Wii Sports are good, but again time and space. After months of not going, we no longer pay for that gym. I need to figure out how to fix this. I really want to swim daily but we have no pool.

3. Eat healthier. Take pictures to keep to the goal. Take vitamins daily. Remember to fill prescriptions regularly.

Mixed FAIL. Eat healthier. I don't think it's all that different from before. I tried to keep count of calories to see what I was eating, but I can only do it with packaged foods (aren't those less healthy?) or at restaurants that have nutrition calculators (few). Take pictures to keep to the goal. What did I mean? Take pictures of what I eat? That I do. Take pictures of me? That I don't. Take vitamins daily. Now that we have bottles of gummy vitamins, yes, success, easy. Remember to fill prescriptions regularly. Meh.

4. Clean the apartment. Get rid of coffee table before the end of the first quarter.

Massive FAIL. Apartment not clean. Coffee table still here and covered. Bane of my existence.

5. Blog at least once a week.

Not sure... I would prefer to blog more than once a week, and actual posts of substance, but I don't think I've achieved that. I think I blog in spurts. I guess better than nothing at all, but I would like to be more consistent. Let's call this one mixed success.

So... to summarize, I made progress on deleting emails in gmail and take my vitamins. I guess that's better than nothing... sigh.

Thinking about my resolutions for 2010... let's see what I come up with by NYE!

No comments: