Thursday, December 10, 2009

Scary

I was all dressed and ready to go to work this morning, but still felt sick so I decided at the last minute it would be better to stay home. (I left early the day before, because I felt horrible.) I like staying home, and wish I could do it for reasons other than being sick, but so be it.

An hour later, I realized how lucky I was that I stayed home. My mom messaged me on gchat and told me there had been a shooting in Times Square by the Marriott Marquis. WHAT?!

With the way Times Square has been cleaned up and with all the security, how could there have been a shooting there? The scariest part is that, had I left when I was finally ready to go, I would have been right around that block at right around the time it happened. So I'm a little freaked out by the whole thing, but very, very glad my stomach picked the right time to feel awful. *shudder* Scary.

No comments: