Friday, October 06, 2006

Some Cancellations

Here come the cancellations (and re-shuffling).
 
Kidnapped, shipped off to Saturdays to burn off the rest of the 13 episode run and then it's gone.  I think that's a shame because it's a really well done show, the characters are really interesting, the storyline could be taken in so many different directions... but no one is watching.  It's sad that the quality of this show is so much better than Vanished, but the latter has lasted longer and is only getting shipped off to Fridays.  (Which, really, aren't that much of a TV wasteland anymore).
 
Smith, pulled from the CBS schedule effective immediately.  Was it doing that badly?  I thought the ratings were decent, not great, but decent... I guess repeats of CSI and Criminal Minds do better?  I admit, I am not as torn up about this one, since I wasn't attached to it.  It wasn't nearly as realistic but I was so much more attached to last year's Heist.  I just didn't find Smith as interesting as Heist.  I watched the pilot, skipped the next week because of the Contender finale, and then watched this past week's episode while playing computer games and was kind of bored.  I was debating whether or not to tape it on Tuesday and was going to give it another chance, but I guess not anymore.
 
Next network...
 
Fox is moving Justice to Monday and I am so glad that they are at least trying to save the show.  It is the best of the 3 new ones I think (the others being Standoff and Vanished).  They're all getting shuffled around but I hope Justice succeeds.  If you're a household that gets counted, please watch Justice when it comes back after baseball!  Victor Garber is wonderful.
 
And as for ABC, I'm expecting them to move or cancel Six Degrees any day now.  It's coming off the heels of the most watched Grey's Anatomy, totally squandering that advantage and bleeding millions of viewers at the half hour mark.  (But what to move there?  I can only think of Boston Legal and What About Brian, because an action show might not be the most compatible...)  I think it's interesting, but my first thought after watching the Heroes pilot was that Heroes did "six degrees" better than Six Degrees... which isn't quite right.
 
To not leave out the CW... I have finally gotten around to watching Veronica Mars and you should too :)

No comments: