Sunday, October 29, 2006

Time Changes

These daylight savings time changes make me kind of dumb.

For example, last night (well, I suppose, earlier this morning), Alvin mentioned to me that we had missed the benefits of the time change. My response was, "How can that be? It's only 1:15 am!"

Right.

I knew about the time change earlier this week, and had been looking forward to an extra hour of sleep, but when it finally came around, I totally forgot. I blame being totally engrossed in Kidnapped on the DVR. It is such a shame that this show is being wrapped up in 13 and being burned off on a Saturday night, when it is so much better than a lot of things that are still on TV.

And as a side note, it always seemed to me like I watched a lot of TV but I took this research survey yesterday which made me realize just how much prime-time TV I don't watch. Interesting. Although I did catch up on 3 weeks of The Nine yesterday...

Anyway, back to the time change.

I thought it was genuinely 1:15 am, not 2:15-became-1:15 am. I searched for something that would reveal the truth to me - my phone, blackberry, the cable box, my laptop - but they had all switched automatically. Finally, I glanced at the stereo which said 2:15 am. Oops.

This morning I jolted awake at 11 am, and started to make lunch. I had hoped to get up earlier but it hadn't happened. I wanted to make sure I could get up, so I could get to sleep before 3, so that I could actually wake up for work. Such is every Sunday's crisis.

I was part-way through microwaving a Kashi meal for lunch when I saw that the cable box said 10:30 am. 10:30?! But my phone said 11 when I got up! Apparently, my phone didn't change...

This time change thing really makes me feel so dumb.

No comments: