Wednesday, March 28, 2007

American Idol 6.24

Well, that was entertaining. Not as good as last week, but entertaining. But what exactly was the theme? Pop? Music of the past half century? Unclear.

As for the performers: Lakisha was fine but now that she and Melinda both sang upbeat songs, I don't remember what she sang. Chris S was off. Gina sounded great and I love that song. Sanjaya's fluffy mohawk was hilariously distracting from the fact that he couldn't really sing that song. Haley sounds like she would have a good studio voice. Phil was fine and it was a good song choice, but I kind of don't care. Melinda sounded good, but I'm sure she'll have a great career regardless so I don't care if she wins. Look, they put all my favorites together this week! Blake's voice was perfect for Love Song; I loved it. Jordin was cute, but I liked last week so much better. Chris R was ok, but I've never figured out what has been so special about him.

Gwen Stefani looked absolutely beautiful and like a 20 year old schoolgirl. I'm not sure how excited she was that 3 people were singing her songs though...

I was waiting all night for someone to spell bananas. I really was.

How is it that it's 1 am and I still don't know who got kicked off of Dancing with the Stars?

No comments: