Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring

August 2006, Chinatown, New York City

Some random thoughts:

- It was supernice out today. I think the temps got up to 70 and it was still 65 on my walk home. It was fabulous. The only downsides were: (i) the massive crowds on the streets - when I was walking home, it was like a swarm of people all over Times Square; (ii) the fact that it was on a Wednesday and that means a work day, and (iii) I had a lot to do at work today so I couldn't hang out at the park or something. It's what I would have done if I were still in school. It's going to be the last really nice day for awhile (I think tomorrow is supposed to be warm but pouring, and then it's going to get like 30s cold again). I was really getting used to the idea that spring is coming...

- I took a short walk to Bryant Park today because I knew if I didn't, I would regret it during the upcoming colder spell. Since the gym is barely on my radar due to time and energy constraints (why does the energy level just plummet in the winter while working?), I am trying to make an effort to walk outside for an afternoon break, even if it's just a walk around the block, on any day where the weather is nice and the temps are over 50. I rationalize that this is good for a "health break" because then at least I'm not sitting on my butt for 7 straight hours and it's like people who take a smoke break... but a bit healthier.

- I'm sad that Brandon went home on Idol, but I can't say I'm shocked. He had a great voice, but didn't show it during any of the 4 weeks that he could have. Sigh. But why is America still voting for Sanjaya?!

- I like instant mashed potatoes for my afternoon snack at work.

- Jack? Football with the Others? Huh? What is going on with Lost? At least we've managed to stay up to date with this one... thanks to its long winter hiatus. I think we are finally up to December for Heroes, but all of this season's 24 is still on the DVR (so don't spoil me, please!). And now my Thursday night ABC fix is back for tomorrow and I only have 2.5 definite free hours on the DVR... ick. The cast of this Grey's "spinoff" is sounding better with every new person they add. I really hope it turns out well.

- Magazines take a really long time to read. If you read them cover to cover like I do... that was seriously the only good thing about those NJ Saturday classes I had to do last winter.

- Not a big fan of this new Blogger thing where they put your pictures in the Picasa albums. It's going to eat up part of the storage space I'm paying for... great.

- Very sleepy. Going to flip on a Chinese lullabies CD and head off to dreamland. Good night!

No comments: