Thursday, March 01, 2007

Smoke Mask

Do they make dust mask type things that filter out smoke? Please let me know ASAP if they do and I will be so grateful. (Or do dust masks do that?)

I am currently doing everything I can to bury my face in my shirt. It is all I can do to not find a giant rubber band and rubber band the shirt to my nose to keep the smoke from coming in. This can't be just one cigarette. It's like the whole nicotine bar is back open for business. The choices I don't make slowly making my lungs black. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee. It may be hard to believe but I can actually feel it in my lungs and that it's more difficult to breathe.

Please, please, please help me!! I don't know how I'm going to fall asleep in this chimney! Any small improvement in the situation would make it SO much better. Sigh. I know I complain about this a lot but it's like being a prisoner in your own home. It's always late at night when it's time to sleep and it's not like I can just go somewhere else. (I mean, am I supposed to just drop everything and go to Starbucks so I'm able to breathe? Seriously). So I am looking for any solution. My mom already gave me a bathroom filter which was working before for the less intense cigarette smoke, so the fact that the smoke is THIS bad and overpowering the filter by this much means that it's a LOT. Someone must be doing scientific research on ways to de-nicotine your home. At least I sure hope so. It would be better than researching ways for people to eat cheeseburgers without getting fat.

It's taken me awhile to write this and still no improvement. Sigh.

No comments: