Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mayo Shrimp


Do you like this dish?

It's served quite often at Chinese banquets here, often the 2nd dish. Lots of shrimp, drenched in mayo, topped with nuts and on top of a bed of broccoli.

I always thought the mayo was a little too much, so when I was younger, I would scrape it all off with a napkin. (Well, as much as I could). My family would usually order it (if we did) without the mayo, but at banquets, it would usually come out drenched. The mayo just made it feel really heavy. Without it, I don't mind the shrimp too much.

I'm allergic to broccoli and not a big fan of nuts, so this is definitely not one of my favorite banquet dishes (it's not bad, it's just personal preference). But it came up for my RCSP, so here it is. I'd rather this dish get replaced with black pepper scallops on a bed of Chinese vegetables. Yum.

1 comment:

sandia said...

I'm not the biggest mayo fan either, but I like the crunchy outer coating of the shrimp and the honey walnuts. Yay honey walnuts! I sometimes scrape off the excess mayo too.