Friday, October 05, 2007

Random Friday Thoughts

1. I left work and saw the Empire State Building was red, white and green. I said to myself, "What Italian holiday is coming up?" 30 seconds later, "I am so dumb." I can't help it if I don't know the date because all the days are starting to blur.

2. [Bottom of the 10th inning: I can't believe the call that Mariano hit that guy! Because he stayed in the way?! Argh.]

3. I spent a good part of today discussing Midtown food carts with my mom.

4. The flies in this Yankees-Indians game are getting to me and making me all squeamish. They are everywhere. So gross.

5. It's October. I can't believe it feels like summer outside, 85 degrees during the day and humid. Where is the nice fall weather? I was going to go to Central Park tomorrow to look at the leaves.

6. I went to Just Salad today for the first time. Alvin goes there a lot because it's near his office but it's a little longer of a walk for me. I got the "Texas 2 step" -- romaine with bbq chicken, white cheddar, black beans and corn, roasted red peppers and green peppers. The salad was yummy. My only concern is that the cutting boards are used for multiple salads in a row and I worry about my broccoli allergy. Since chopped broccoli isn't as neat as, say, chopped green peppers. Those little bulby things could go everywhere. But the salad was so good! I was de-carbing for the last couple of meals (had a nice chicken and chickpea salad last night too) because I had so much pasta and rice in the past few days that I just feel so... carb-full. Needed a cleansing salad.

7. Our office is closed tomorrow because of a building electrical shutdown. I think the last one was in July. Fun. At least you know you can't possibly have to go in to the office!

8. I changed the themes and then fonts on my blackberry, and then wanted to compare with my old font, but for some reason, I can't get it as small as it used to be, and I don't know why.

9. I wish Hershey's would make bags full of just Krackel. They do it for everything else. Dark chocolate Krackel would be perfect for a Halloween present, Hershey.

10. I think it is not meant for me to watch Bionic Woman. I have 2 other things to tape in that time slot (Private Practice and Gossip Girl) and therefore haven't watched it yet. (I guess I could watch it online). I had set it to tape for Saturday night's replay but they replaced it again this week with Chuck. (Yay, Chuck! I hope everyone's watching Chuck). Maybe it's not meant to be?

Back to this stressful, stressful game.

No comments: