Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Random Monday Notes

[Warning: Discusses tonight's TV]

1. I realize the date above this post will say Tuesday but for me, it's still Monday.

2. The Journeyman earthquake episode was really good tonight. I think the show is really hitting its stride and I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I wish networks would just give shows time to grow.

3. I don't understand why the Empire State Building was lit up red white and green for days in preparation for Columbus Day but tonight it was blue.

4. There was an ice cream truck on the corner by work today. And it was warm enough to get some, if I wanted some.

5. The big Kodak ad in Times Square said "pricey ink stinks." I don't know why I was amused by that. I think it was the "stinks" part.

6. Our DVR just does not like Heroes. I have come to that conclusion. Because whenever I get the "out of space" message, it is about Heroes. For example, today I cleared 5 hours to tape 4 hours, 40 minutes. It gets to Heroes (at that point only 2.7 hours on the DVR of those 5 had taped or were committed to currently taping shows) and it tells me there's no space. So I clear another hour, and at least this time (not always!), it's fine. But it doesn't ask me to clear another hour for Journeyman. I don't get it. It's like a weekly thing when Heroes goes on. And it doesn't make any sense to me. It was like that during finale time too last spring. We are finally up to the final arc from last year - April!

7. People seem to be disappointed with scripted TV this year. Maybe I just have low standards?

8. I went on a walk today to try to figure out what to get for lunch (and ended up at the deli downstairs from the office to get a salad) and passed by the Columbus Day parade and also the skating rink at Rockefeller Center. 82 degrees, sunny, and a little puddly.

9. My favorites on Dancing with the Stars are Helio and Julianne. I don't care if they didn't get the highest scores from the judges tonight; their routine was just the most fun! They make me smile.

10. I would like Just Salad to open up closer to my office. It's a little bit of a walk (which is good for health but less so for time) but the salads are so good!

No comments: