Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Bank

Today I went to the bank to get cash from the ATM for lunch.  (I only had $5 since I prefer plastic to cash).  The first machine I walked up to, the person who had taken out cash just before I got there had never logged out.  I immediately went to the next machine because all I could think of was "security risk."  I didn't want to touch the machine if it was still open to someone else's account.
 
As I was finishing off my transaction, it occurred to me that I should have mentioned it to a bank employee.  But just as I was about to leave my machine and go tell someone, someone walked over to that machine and started their own transaction.  So I didn't go tell an employee.  What if the guy had logged the person out and just put in his own card?  Wouldn't it be like accusing him since he was now using the machine?  The employees would be sure to ask him if he was there when they got there.  It just seemed weird -- I totally would have said something if the machine was empty but with someone in there, it just seemed awkward.
 
Was that the right call?  What would you have done?

1 comment:

MichaelMoreno said...

You made the right call