Sunday, July 18, 2004

Dinner at Union Square Cafe

To celebrate my parents' upcoming anniversary, I took them out to dinner at Union Square Cafe tonight. Here's some pictures of the food... my favorite dish from tonight was the tuna tartare appetizer. Unfortunately I didn't remember to take pictures until I had already carved it all up!
 
 
I'm out of practice with my instant food picture taking at restaurants (due to my work lunches). Here's the remnants of an excellent "yellowfin tuna tartare with horseradish-mustard vinaigrette, vidalia onions, and avocado salad." The other is fried calamari with spicy anchovy mayonnaise. Both were excellent. Then again I'm an "appetizer person."


A blurry pictures of my tuna tartare... but it gives an idea of what it looked like when it was a perfect circle. It was so good!


Seared wild salmon with spinach, corn, and shiitake mushrooms (left off the balsamic butter... which I tried on the side but it was salty and way too buttery for my taste!).


Seared red snapper with tomato vinaigrette and some other stuff (Daddy's entree).


Grilled marinated Filet Mignon of Tuna with Gingered Vegetables and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes (hidden by the tuna) (Mommy's entree).


Desserts!
 

Warm chocolate chip cake with raspberry sorbet (supposed to be cherry vanilla ice cream) and cherry compote


The cake was soooooo good!


Peach, raspberry and plum sorbets


Mmmmm sorbet.... I love peach.


At the restaurant


Happy 34th Anniversary!


The 3 of us


Wow, that cake got devoured!


Inside the dining room


Yummy desserts are GONE :)


Leaving Union Square Cafe... till next time! Posted by Hello

No comments: