Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Made to Order


I saw this sign last fall, and I think I finally get what they're trying to say. But I still don't think it sounds right. Obviously, at the time, something about it sounded wrong enough that I took a photo of it.

From how long it's been since I've posted a photo, you can tell just how often I use the computer at home. But really, when you're staring at it all day long, there's only so much more of the screen you want to see if you don't need to sit there. I wish I didn't have to sit for so many hours a day. It's definitely not good for you.

And with the construction? By the time I'm driven from my office, I always have a pounding headache. Today, they started the clanging at 5 pm. By 5:45, they had gone with full blast drilling that sounded like it was in my office. It was so loud that I could barely hear my mom on the phone. And at that, I had it. I went home to work instead. Much more comfortable sitting on my balance ball chair with Music Choice going (until ANTM and Lost and trying out The Evidence). I may have to do this as much as I can, because if anyone's been paying attention to this blog for the past year, I am really bothered by construction noise. Like road rage frustrated when it's super-loud. (What's odd today was that when you walked down the hall it was like a low growling type noise, but in my office, it sounded like they were right there. Unfair!) I try to stay calm, but lately, it's been so bad that I can't even concentrate and end up reading the same things 3 times before I can finish the sentence.

Let's hope this passes soon. Like, let's hope they finish this weekend.

No comments: