Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Vibrations

I can't stand it any longer. I have work to do, but I think I must go home, because it is impossible to do any work when the room is shaking.
 
It sounds like there is a large vibrating machine downstairs and like they are hacking away at the wall right underneath my feet. Because the noise is incredibly loud and thumping, and the room keeps shaking back and forth like some giant is shaking it.
 
Do they wait until late at night to do construction or something?
 
Actually, no, they don't, since they set off our floor fire alarm yesterday. That was fun. And we were all so prepared as we stood in the hallway, not evacuating, trying to see if we smelled smoke. Well, some people evacuated. I was one of ones standing in the hallway, pointing out that we were standing in the hallway and not moving, and we all agreed that this was definitely not the way things should be done in a real fire.
 
They took a short break, and now I find my head involuntarily bobbing back and forth. It is so time to go home.

No comments: