Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Night


I really hate pushing the San Juan photo further down the page, but if I keep thinking that way, I'll never post. I won't lie and say that isn't the reason why I haven't been posting. But palm trees and warm sand...

I should be asleep, but I've been lax with antivirus lately, and I started a scan tonight and it's been running for over an hour and I would like to let it finish. So, it's a decent reason for being awake although I can tell that it won't be such a good reason in the morning... 2 am is my limit though. If it's not done, I'm still going to bed.

So here I go with my blind photo posting. (I'm too tired to look for the post where I discussed this, but I think it was a new year's resolution. See how well I've kept it!)

This is a photo of Chicago's Chinatown, and the banner on the arch-like thing is for the basketball tournament that Alvin played in last May. It's the national Chinese basketball tournament and last year it was held in Chicago. It was fun, but I didn't get to see a whole lot of it because I was stuck with a take-home final. (Yes, the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend... fun.)

I was really surprised the first time I saw Chicago's Chinatown during my first year of law school, mostly because I was used to the size of NY's Chinatown, and this was rather... small. And there weren't any grocery stores! How can there be a Chinatown without a Chinese grocery store? (There's one now, but during my first year, there weren't any!) But there are definitely some good spots in Chinatown. Dinners at Penang were always fun, and I had an addiction to Joy Yee's tapioca freezes. Whenever Alvin's family came in to visit, we had nice dinners at Evergreen.

[Oh no, the whole "Brokeback" thing has GOT TO STOP. The Weather Channel named a slide "Brokeback Winter."]

[Argh. And now I'm hearing the American Airlines theme from the commercial. I don't hate the song, but I just flew on American to PR and since they play the tapes twice (English and Spanish), I've had to hear the theme so many times that I'm sick of it!]

Speaking of Evergreen, I think this photo was taken after dinner at Evergreen during the weekend of the law school graduation. My grandparents and my parents were in town, and we had gone to dinner and then gone walking around Chinatown after dinner. It was a nice night, perfect for walking. And of course, picture-taking!

1 comment:

sandia said...

Yay random photos!