Friday, May 12, 2006

Flashback

In my last (long, sorry) post, I ended by saying I was going to go figure out what I was doing a year ago.

One year ago, I went to the grocery store for an hour, was studying and reading a packet, went to yoga and was planning to watch Angel, Survivor, The OC, Apprentice and Without a Trace later that day.

Two years ago, I'm not sure what I was doing. I would guess studying, but I don't know what else. I missed a day (old blog, not this one).

I complained a lot about school, and I still don't miss the homework, the forced reading, the papers, the studying for exams and any of that. I miss free afternoons, naps, regular yoga classes (since I don't belong to a studio/gym with yoga right now, and have missed our firm biweekly classes for a couple of months) and real grocery stores. I think Barbri without the bar exam looming is such an ideal schedule. 9 to 12 in class, then lunch, gym, reading blogs and a few hours of TV, dinner (back then when I cooked at home instead of constant delivery) and some outlining. (But none of that preparing for class, getting called on, etc. that tormented me in law school.) Now if I could do that and not have to be preparing for a bar exam, that wouldn't be so bad. :) After all, I justified a good amount of that TV by "studying" through Law and Order. I guess it wasn't totally ineffective either. ;-)

(The number of hours of L&O that I watched while studying for the bar accounts for the fact that I have probably watched less than 10 full hours of L&O since the bar...)

Now it's really getting much lighter outside. Still raining though. I haven't been so happy to see rain in a long time.

No comments: