Monday, May 01, 2006

Peanuts

I haven't been posting because this deal has kept me so busy that I don't usually even sign on to my computer in my own office.  And I spend more waking hours in the conference room than at home.
 
But now that I've commandeered a general computer on the conference floor, I wanted to share my (early) morning walk to work. 
 
First, it must be Mr. Peanut's birthday or something, because outside the Marriott Marquis, there was a guy (or girl) dressed up in a peanut costume with one of those Miss America banners saying Mr. Peanut and a year. So I guess it's his birthday.  And then there were 2 other people holding up a "baby" peanut (forget the exact wording, but the Mr. Peanut was brown and the baby peanut was yellow as were all of the peanut helpers) and lots of top hats.  Oddly enough, the 2 people holding up the baby peanut were holding it the way you would walk with someone who is drunk.
 
Then, I got a free WSJ and accompanying tote bag to celebrate their birthday (either the WSJ or just the online version, I'm not sure).
 
Nice.

1 comment:

sandia said...

You got a tote bag to celebrate the WSJ's birthday or Mr. Peanut's birthday?