Friday, May 12, 2006

Sneezy

Yes, you're reading the timestamp correctly. I'm posting and it's somewhere around 5 am.

It's been busy at work lately. A lot of running around, such that I can't really sit at my desk and enjoy my last week of non-officemate office. I haven't even played the radio for the past couple of days, which is something I really should do since I won't be able to do it sans headphones for the rest of the summer starting next week.

But no, I'm not posting at 5 am because I just got home or anything. Got home around 11:40 or so, but it was too late to take Nyquil if I wanted any chance of getting up in the morning, so I just took Allegra.

For those of you lucky LUCKY people who do not have spring allergies (and I have never in my life known what it felt like to be one of you people), this has been an exceptionally bad season. So bad that I actually got sick (see sinuses post just before this one and other posts in my head that never made it to the blog) from my allergies turning into something worse. It's currently pouring outside which I am incredibly thankful for, but I'm not sure how my allergies got so bad tonight when the weather is currently suppressing all that disgusting pollen.

Yes, I'm posting at 5 am because my allergies woke me up.

Ever since just before the really big closing (so probably since the last few days of April, basically a few days after I got back from vacation - which by the way I had no symptoms before vacation, nothing like getting back from the desert to make your allergies fly off the handle), I haven't really slept through the night. I can count the total number of times that I slept through the night and didn't wake up sneezing or congested (enough to wake me up), or slept through the night with no leg cramps (the latest and greatest) on one hand. Well, really two fingers. That's right - almost 2.5 weeks and 2 nights. Agh!

Tonight's game was wake up at 4 and sneeze every 30 seconds for 20 minutes. Fun!

I finally got it to stop by soaking the offending side of my sinuses in saline solution for about 10 minutes and now I'm listening to the cars drive by in the rain as I take lots of vitamin C. I thought about making tea, but I don't want the whistling of the kettle to wake everyone up. All I've been doing is drinking tea at work for the entire week. I am going to float away.

I know this is way too much detail for my allergies and no one cares, but it is 5 am, I tend to babble late at night and I haven't posted in so long that all I want to do is type.

There is a lot I have wanted to post about. The margarita car I saw this morning (well, I guess it's now yesterday morning) on the way to work. I think it was a Grand Marnier car, and it had a big lime on top, and was supposed to look like the top of a margarita. It amused me, but mostly it just made me want to drink cocktails on the beach.

How less than a week after they announced that Junior's was coming to Times Square, they were doing interviews in the outdoor seating area of an Italian restaurant that has been closed down for quite a while (the signs said "temporarily closed") and which I had wanted to go to with the summers. And 2 days later, the signs are up and the lights are on announcing Junior's location.... but if anyone were to get excited and follow the signs, they're still doing construction and the awning still bears the name of the Italian restaurant.

The fact that the only Idol after Clay whose music I would consider buying (provided that the music was more of the more "melodic" rock than the screaming, meaning I would pick and choose on iTunes) is now off the show, and DialIdol is doing a remarkably good job. Except for, I think, Kellie's exit week, which I actually saw live on TV (non-DVR!) and shouted out in joy. Of course this realization (1st sentence) caused me to go back and look at the websites for the past seasons to see who I was rooting for, because I couldn't remember. And the main reason for this is that I remembered not watching the Carrie/Bo finale because I just didn't care (and because I had no DVR and could only watch one thing live and tape one thing, and there were definitely conflicts), and I couldn't remember at all from last season who I did care about.

Maybe I should go to work early. Wouldn't everyone be shocked... I am so not a morning person. I don't mean go in at like 7. Anytime before 9 might be considered "really early" for me. Besides, I think I have plenty to watch on the DVR. A 6 am Without a Trace viewing would amuse me.

Does Starbucks only leave its lights on inside when it's open? The one I walk by on the way home from work shuts its lights when it's closed. But the Starbucks across the street has its lights on now. Although I guess since it is 5 am, maybe it's open for the morning.

I have nothing else to say right now. But don't talk to me about 24, Lost or Alias, because I am behind on all of those, mostly because it's been so busy that I haven't really been home when they're on and it's so much easier for Alvin and I to breeze through reality shows once I get home. On that note, don't talk to me about Amazing Race either. Top Model is fine, because I read the recaps and already know who's gone, since my Wednesday TV schedule means it gets taped on Tuesdays. And I ended up missing some of the repeats because of the Nets. Is it bad that the reason I was rooting against the Nets was so that Top Model wouldn't get preempted in its repeat showing?

Speaking of TV, the upfronts are coming up soon. :) :) :) I'm so excited (clearly)!

When I was on vacation, I participated in this TV screening program. It was fun (for me)! It was in conjunction with CBS and they were screening shows for their summer programming (I learned this by coming home and googling the shows). One show I was not such a big fan of, but it is still making it to air. If they took our group's suggestions to heart, it might be ok, but if it airs the way we saw it... contact me off the blog if you really want to know what I'm talking about. I don't want to spread bad publicity before something airs (I like to give things a chance), but I'm willing to share in a more private forum.

The other show that I saw in the screening is also making it to air this summer and I will give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Gameshow Marathon should be a lot of fun. Then again, I love game shows (the TV sort of stayed on GSN the whole day that I was home sick), so I might be biased, but it was a truly fun episode that we watched. And I totally want to win the at-home prizes! (So, if anyone from the network is reading, I am a good candidate for early screening of programs - I will tell everyone I know about things I like!)

Debating if it's better to attempt to sleep for an hour or so, which could make me groggy, or whether I should just tough it out and stay up. Since it appears that, an hour later, the sneezing has finally stopped.

And the sky is beginning to lighten. But my head is starting to hurt.

I will stop bothering you all with my babbling. Hope you've been making it through the night a little more smoothly than I have!

(By the way, how is it already May 12?!? The time since September has been such a blur that I am thinking of forcing myself to write weekly postcards to keep up... after I post this, I am going to figure out what I was doing one year ago. Posting more often is probably a very good bet.)

No comments: