Sunday, September 03, 2006

Searches

Some recent searches:

Restaurants in Chinatown Chicago
My personal favorites are Joy Yee's (for tapioca freeze and a huge menu), Penang (for Malaysian and good for large groups) and Evergreen (for all types of Chinese food, also good for groups). There's also the relatively new Saint's Alp Teahouse which I have gone to in both Hong Kong and Chicago which is fun.

Breakfast Restaurants in Chicago
I'm not a big breakfast person. The last time I was in Chicago, we mostly got muffins from Fox and Obel for breakfast (they're really big, there's also a cafe if you don't want muffins). But I do have some good suggestions: in Streeterville, there are West Egg Cafe (love this place but so crowded on weekends, they make good turkey burgers and corned beef hash) and Cambridge House (sort of the back-up for me if West Egg was too crowded, still good stuff), and over in the West Loop, Wishbone (good chicken andouille hash). All these restaurant recs are in the sidebar I believe, but can't hurt to test my memory.

Restaurants in Chicago
A little less specific and I'm not going to list all of my favorites, so I will refer to the sidebar.

Pronounce Corbeille
*shrug* My French pronunciation sucks.

Tapas Restaurants in Chicago
Cafe Iberico. Never tried Ba-ba-reeba. Unpleasant hospitality experience at Emilio's.

Dell Technical Support
This is funny because the search came from Dell (hi! I'm writing on my Dell right now!) and it went to my QVC entry.

Statcounter Map
I like it. It's fun. I plan to look at it when I finish this list.

Kyle XY
One of my favorite summer TV shows. Highest rated series ABC Family has ever had. It's really good and I hope it comes out on DVD. Highly recommend.

What I find funny about these searches is that there are 4 Chicago restaurant searches. One came from Chicago, from a service provider that I believe was also used at my old building. Another was from Chicago, another was from a government office in DC. Another says Maryland, but the address to me looks like Illinois. Why did all these Chicago restaurant searches suddenly come here? I never even mentioned all the restaurants we went to last weekend in Chicago or that I was even there! So strange!

I love international visitors. My current stat map shows visitors from Buenos Aires, Wellington NZ, Ottawa, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Of these, the only place I've been is Hong Kong, but I would love to visit all the rest! Speaking of Hong Kong, I started doing my random photo of the day thing on the photoblog again. Let's see how long I can keep it up!

No comments: