Friday, August 01, 2008

Adobe Salad

I went out to lunch with my parents today and got a salad called the "adobe salad."  The description stated "grilled spiced chicken breast, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers and tri-colored tortilla strips, pico de gallo and guacamole."  I asked for no tortilla strips and they forgot to give me pico de gallo and guacamole.  But that aside - what do you think the salad would be like with that description?
 
Maybe a bed of greens with some grilled chicken strips and raw vegetables? 
 
Nope.
 
It was like eating a chicken fajita over lettuce!  It was good, but I was expecting a "clean" salad, and was trying to be healthier.  I guess I should have been tipped off by the fact that it didn't have a dressing listing, but I didn't think the vegetables would be cooked...
 
Anyway, if I were going to eat something less healthy than a salad, I would have picked the sliders with a side salad.  Having seen all the plates of sliders coming out, it probably would have been a much better choice.  And I love sliders.
 
At least they had big cushioned seats.  Very good when you're really bruised and can't bear to sit in a hard chair.  And my dad's shrimp and asparagus quesadilla was excellent.  I wish I got the sliders!!

No comments: