Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday Reflections

Some end of the week observations:

1. First, a note to my 23rd floor "neighbor" who isn't very neighborly.

Dear Neighbor,

There was no need for you to shout "take the stairs!!" at me after I got off the elevator. I kind of thought you were acting like a jerk the entire time before you yelled at me, but that took it to another level. Tapping the elevator button in the lobby 11 times, shaking your head and sighing at the descending elevator (like that will make it go faster?), tapping your foot and checking your watch repeatedly in the elevator after I clicked a low floor button (I do have peripheral vision, you know) and then after I turned the corner, furiously tapping the close button. I understand you're impatient, but the world does not revolve around you (or me, or the next person).

But your shouting "take the stairs"? Rude and unnecessary. And you waited until I was all the way down the hall, which makes you, in addition to being a jerk, a coward. If you felt so strongly that I should take the stairs, why not say it to my face? If you had, I would have told you that I do take the stairs on a regular basis (which may be why I've never encountered you before) but when I fell, I injured my knee badly enough that going up the stairs hurts. But you didn't care. In your cowardice, impatience and self-centeredness, you bellowed down the hallway something extremely rude as the elevator doors were closing.

Someone didn't teach you any manners. Maybe you should stop taking out your problems on other people.

Sincerely,
Your Neighbor

2. Now that the unpleasantness is out of the way, I am very amused by the Gossip Girl ad I saw in the subway. It quoted the Parents Television Council's review of "mindblowingly inappropriate" the way that other shows would quote something like "stunning" from EW. Good job, ad people.

3. I love the Container Store. The only thing about it is that there are too many choices! I went there today looking for airtight storage boxes for dry food, and there were like 2 walls full of choices. I ended up getting Snapware.

I think there was more I was going to write about when I was thinking about my post while walking, but I don't remember any more. Maybe later.

No comments: