Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ad Aware

For months now, I haven't seen one of those sidebar ads on Gmail.

I use my Gmail plenty, but I guess they didn't have the ad function built into the Italian language mode.

But the ads are back! I don't really mind that they're there, since they always used to amuse me when I was back in English mode. (Let's see what ads we can make come up next!) But I kind of wish the ads would show up in Italian instead of English. That would be so much better. Then I'd welcome the ads for a chance to learn more words in Italian!

Yes, my Gmail is in Italian. I happen to think "posta in arrivo" is nicer sounding than "inbox." And "aggiorna" is better than "refresh." And it's more fun for me. My cell phone is in Spanish. If I had another device, I would like to put it in either French or Portuguese. Just for fun.

If you're wondering, I don't speak very much Italian at all. Very basic words, introducing myself and asking "how are you." And thanks to Gmail, email commands too.

Darn, 23 minutes past bedtime goal. Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween! I can't believe it's already November. I've been employed for one full month and it's seriously flown by. Why does time move so much faster as the years go by?!?

No comments: