Monday, April 17, 2006

Fake People

I hate when people call on the phone in fake overly cheery tones.
 
Especially when they're saying things that are really snotty but acting all cheerful.
 
The only way to make myself feel better about suffering through a phone call with such person is to respond back in superperky fake overly cheery tones.
 
She didn't like it too much.  She had tried ending the call 3 times previously but she wasn't really giving me any information, so of course I had questions (for example, a politer version of "exactly who are you if you're telling me you sent me a letter concerning x but can't give me any information concerning x and are telling me I need to call Y instead?").  Needless to say, Miss SuperCheery didn't even give me a goodbye and hung up within a millisecond of my "you have a GREAT day too!!"
 
Hee.  Sometimes you really have to find little ways to amuse yourself.

No comments: