Monday, April 17, 2006

TV Dilemmas

Wednesday at 8 pm is just one big mess.
 
It used to be, sometime in the fall, that there was nothing on Wednesdays.  I would DVR Lost, and that was about it.  Then Project Runway started, and it was just Lost and PR for awhile.
 
Then Bones got moved to the 8 pm slot.
 
And a new cycle of America's Next Top Model, 8 pm slot.
 
That's fine for my DVR.  It can tape 2 things at once.
 
Then Amazing Race got moved from a time slot that was great for me because I was usually home - Tuesday at 10 pm (but I understand the whole "family TV" thing, but it's not doing better, is it??) - to Wednesday at 8 pm.
 
Annoying, but doable.  After all, UPN often reruns ANTM on Tuesday nights.
 
But this week, Alias is back. Messy!  I haven't taped anything on my VCR since Chicago, but I may have to go search out a tape, because this episode of Bones is supposed to be really good and I don't want to miss it completely.  Grr to the scheduling powers that be.  Making me wish I had 2 DVRs, except I never needed one until all of this was rescheduled into one darn time slot.
 
So many hours to log onto the already full DVR.  Alias is 2 hours, but on a normal night, it would be Lost.  And I'm still watching Heist, even though it got cancelled.  I wish NBC would have tried to move it somewhere else.  Didn't they notice that the ratings were higher when it was in the L&O timeslot and it dropped because it was up against, say, American Idol and Lost?  Grrr.
 
I wish there were another season of Project Runway on already.  I miss that show.
 
Seriously earthshattering problems, I know.  But if little things amuse me (see earlier post), little things often annoy me.  And sometimes concentrating on the little things is easier than thinking about the big things, right?

No comments: