Saturday, April 15, 2006

Seasons


I think I missed the arrival of spring.

Seriously.

I went back to my parents' place during the first weekend of April and was shocked at all the flowering trees. I mean, when did this happen? Sure, there were some really nice days, but it had also been cold, and how did spring get here so fast?

I convinced myself that I just hadn't noticed the coming of spring because the trees near my apartment hadn't bloomed yet. After all, there is a tree right outside the bedroom window. It's not flowering...

But as I returned home that Sunday, I realized all the trees in front of the building - that is, all the trees I walk by on the way to work every morning - are in full bloom.

Hmm. I wonder what I've been looking at all these days...

And the daffodils are pretty too.

Spring is here, and somehow I totally missed the changing of the seasons. Darn.

This was a pretty rough week of work. It seemed like everyone was busy. I wonder if it was just the time of the year or if it had to do with the holidays. But I definitely wasn't home enough. And Monday through Thursday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous... or so I was told, I didn't really make it outside until late. It was nice at night though...

Evidence of how busy I was is the DVR. Before tonight, when we watched 24 over dinner, this was all I had watched during the week: American Idol, America's Next Top Model (the Tuesday re-air), Amazing Race, The O.C.

What's left on the DVR: 2 episodes of the Apprentice, The Unit, America's Next Top Model, Heist, Lost, Survivor, Without a Trace... and a lot of things are in reruns this week! But there's also 2 episodes of Sons and Daughters and another episode of The Unit still sitting on the DVR. I'm so behind!

Anyway, enough about my rough week. Back to the show on the Top 50 Chick Flicks. :) Hope all you readers didn't miss the beginning of spring!

No comments: