Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Filming

There were these big movie studio-esque bright lights on one of the streets I normally walk home last night.
 
I couldn't figure out what it was.  The street looked like it was blocked off, the lights were blinding, and there was a massive crowd of people around the edge of the street.  Not to mention the cop cars lining the street that I haven't seen to this degree since the terrorist alert during my summer program in 2004. (I would link, but I can't from here).
 
The only thing I could think of was that Kathy Griffin was getting out of her show at the Nokia Theatre, but I could not imagine why there would be this big hoopla for that... (No offense to her or anything).
 
Fast forward to walking to work this morning...
 
They have been setting up what looked like a new Broadway show on the same street.  I didn't think it was odd because I knew the play before it had been limited run.  There were tons of crew people around yesterday and today setting up...
 
And then I looked at the "starring" list and one of the names was Mary Jane Watson.
 
I had one of those, "huh? wait a second..." moments.
 
For awhile.
 
And then I saw the equipment and some of it was labeled "Spiderman 3."
 
Lightbulb starting to go on...
 
So I took a picture of it all.
 
But it took me walking 2 more blocks before I realized that that was probably what was going on last night.
 
No wonder all the tourists were photo-happy and looked giddy.
 
Lightbulb on...
 
Off to a meeting with my newfound wisdom. Ha..
 
By the way, do you think it's right to post pictures of the set-up? I mean, a) it might be considered a spoiler, and b) is that allowed since the movie is still filming? I have no clue.  To meeting I go!
 

No comments: