Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lack of Self Control

I was really good today at lunch.  I went to one of the generic midtown delis (although, one of the better ones) and got some chicken udon since I was looking for some nice warm soup.  It was just broth, chicken, udon and plain veggies (spinach, mushrooms, seaweed, scallions, carrots).  It felt so clean and so healthy.
 
Fast forward a few hours...
 
We had a Halloween party at the firm.  Normally, if you are a candy addict like me, that might mean stay away.  But I was craving chocolate earlier in the afternoon and I like Halloween cupcakes (as you can see from the Treats Truck posts), so I thought I would just check it out and have a small snack.
 
Snack.  Right.
 
2 small pieces of turkey, 4 small pieces of a good cheese and 1 medium piece of cheese that I didn't really like, a fairly large vanilla cupcake with chocolate icing (and some icky plastic spider on it which I should not have taken because it alarmed me), one Halloween sized bag of swedish fish, 2 starbursts, and mini Halloween sized bag of Skittles... and now I feel totally unhealthy.
 
And I'm not going to the gym tonight (working instead).
 
Terrible!  I feel so polluted.
 
So in order to feel better, I'm going to have a nice "clean" sushi dinner.  Sigh.  No self control.  At all.  Ridiculous.  I am not allowed to eat the Halloween sized bag of Sour Patch Kids sitting on my desk.  But I think I can do that because I just gave myself a massive guilt trip about how horrible I was with the candy and it makes me feel gross inside, so I think the work is done.  Sigh. 
 
Back to work.

No comments: