Friday, October 17, 2008

Silly Season

This political season has had some really ridiculous arguments.  I'm trying to think of them all, but there have been so many silly ones that I can't even keep track.  But the two big ones I can think of right now are:
 
(1)  That you can be an expert on foreign policy because you can see Russia from part of your home state; and
 
(2)  That the reason the campaign and ads got so negative was because they didn't have a summer series of 10 town hall meetings.
 
Neither of these make any sense to me and I don't know why they keep pushing it!  It just sounds extremely silly!  If seeing a place gives you experience, then as they have said on TV (I wish I could remember where), that makes us astronauts because we can see space or the stars.  And I don't understand what town hall meetings have to do with negative ads.  Nothing!  No one forced you to go negative.  If you did it because your feelings were hurt or you got frustrated because things didn't go your way, that doesn't make it the other person's fault for not agreeing with you.  That just sounds whiny and really entitled.
 
What else do you remember from this season that was completely ridiculous?

No comments: