Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mentalist

TV fanatic that I am, it is probably surprising that I haven't really written much about the new fall TV season (which is already a month in). Then again, I'm not really caught up on the fall season. I haven't seen the premiere of Fringe yet, and all of this season's Heroes and Chuck are still on the DVR. And I'm really behind on Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy because the DVR is so full by Thursday that the DVR has been claiming there's no room left.

As far as the new shows go, I guess I would say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the Mentalist. I wasn't going to watch it, out of loyalty to Psych, but I saw the first episode on CBS online and really liked it. I didn't want to like it, but I did. And after the second episode, that didn't change. Perhaps I should go into new shows with those expectations -- expecting to dislike it and then waiting for the show to change my mind. A way of managing the DVR list?

I haven't seen that many of the other new shows. 90210, I missed the first few because the DVR was out of room, so I haven't really gotten into it. Privileged, I like but I missed an episode here or there. Life on Mars was ok; I'm not sold on it but I usually give new shows 2-3 episodes. The Ex List is another one I didn't expect to like because the premise seemed a little forced, but I really liked the episodes so far. Haven't seen My Own Worst Enemy, Fringe, etc. yet.

I feel like last year's sophomore class had some really good shows that weren't watched much, got renewed, but were off the air for a really long time with the strike but haven't recovered (in ratings). I wish more people were watching Chuck, Dirty Sexy Money, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, etc. Such good shows. Thank goodness Gossip Girl is doing better.

Watching last Thursday's Survivor now ... Gabon is gorgeous but I don't think I could handle being there!

No comments: