Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone!

I live near Times Square, but I am sure as heck not standing out in the cold right now. (As you can see by the fact that I am posting...) First of all, you'd have to get out there so early to stand in the cold; I don't know how people go to the bathroom and eat. Second, it's such a mess. I was running into all the people in their 2006 glasses and top hats all over 9th Avenue and the crowds and loud people were already making me crazy. Best if I stay away from crazy screaming people, I think. Did you see those pictures of how crowded it is? I realize it's not as cold as it was some years in the past, but it's still not very warm!

So, a little later than I had hoped, I'm going to put together my 2005 recap and some resolutions for 2006.

Movies I saw in the theaters in 2005:
  • Kung Fu Hustle
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Star Wars Episode III
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Vacations in 2005:
  • Cruise to Freeport and Nassau, Bahamas with a short stay in Jacksonville, FL
  • Connecticut
  • Hong Kong
Big events of 2005:
  • Taking and passing 2 bar exams (phew)
  • Graduating from law school (finally)
  • Starting my first real job
  • Moving from Chicago to NY
  • Spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with Alvin for the first time
Resolutions for 2006 (let's see if I keep them - I'm posting them here in order to try to keep myself accountable):
  1. Exercise at least 10 minutes a day (c'mon, I'm being realistic) and at least 3 hours a week total.
  2. Try to eat healthier and keep a food diary .
  3. Try to sleep before midnight every day, with exceptions for special events (I'm so bad at this).
  4. Put away/clean up at least 5 things a day.
  5. Read at least 1 leisure book per month.
  6. Keep in touch better. (I know this is one of those vague resolutions, but still...)
  7. Keep a more organized budget book.
  8. Post a randomly selected picture on the blog every time I sign on and have adequate time to do so.
  9. And the whole bunch of resolutions I make every year that I can't really quantify: be happy, be more patient, be nicer to people, be more organized, etc. I mean them, but honestly, they're hard to keep and how do you tell whether you've really "achieved" them? They seem more like life goals than a resolution that you can either keep or not.
  10. Take enough time off to stay recharged and refreshed.
Have a happy, healthy and wonderful 2006! Stay in touch. :)

No comments: