Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Patatas


If you're a longtime reader of this blog, you might notice that I have actually posted this picture before. But no matter, it's what came up during my random photo selection and it goes into the post. (At least it's a clear picture and one that I took myself - the 2 requirements - unlike the first 4 that I pulled up yesterday!)

The potatoes in the picture were from a dinner a little over a year ago at Cafe Iberico, one of my favorite places in Chicago and my favorite tapas place (especially since another one closer to my apartment literally kicked us out for wearing sleeveless inside after never telling us that we could not... long story). They're good. Although I like the patatas bravas (the smaller cut potatoes with a zesty sauce) a little better than these big potatoes. But I like how the big potatoes are really soft. It reminds me of the potatoes that they give you at Greek Islands. And now I'm starting to miss all my favorite Chicago restaurants. I guess that's what happens when you live someplace for 3 years. You develop all these connections that are just never the same afterwards. Sure, it happens in college too, but I think a lot of the connection I have there is to college life itself, less so living as a resident of a city. It's nice having favorite restaurants. The only problem with NY is that there are so many places to try, I think it will be so much harder finding favorites!

No comments: