Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Real Lawyer

It's official! I'm a lawyer!


Well, in New Jersey anyway. But at least it's not really a lie to say "attorney" as my profession anymore. Kind of exciting. :)

(I was originally going to post a post-ceremony picture of me with the judge who did the swearing in, but I felt weird not asking for permission before posting something like that. So I won't.)

It doesn't feel that different now, mostly because I can't do all that much more now than I could do before this afternoon. But it's nice to actually be admitted somewhere. Pretty good reason for being out of the office this afternoon. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This law stuff is beyond me... I thought the bar went state by state... you were admitted in New Jersey as well?

-katie

Anonymous said...

We didn't have a real judge to swear us in, and not for any lack of judges in the room. The whole appeals court was there, with the Chief on the bench and everything. But in MA the swearing-in is done by the Clerk of the Supreme Judicial Court, and so there.

But it was a trip nonetheless, and still is, now, to be an actual honest to pete Esquire!