Monday, August 14, 2006

Summer TV

People use the term "appointment TV" a lot. That all changes (a little) with a DVR, but the three shows which are the closest to appointment TV for me this summer are So You Think You Can Dance, Kyle XY and Psych.

SYTYCD is in its second season, which ends on Wednesday. It's a lot of fun to watch, and is the perfect post-work escape into something fun. I love it more than last season, possibly because of Benji and Travis. Kyle XY is technically on ABC Family but has encore airings on ABC on Friday nights. Considering that I like sci-fi and teen dramas (I only missed one question in the TV Teen Dramas part of World Series of Pop Culture and was wishing they had done the remaining questions!), it's perfect.

Of the 3 shows, Psych is probably the one I've watched most (as in, watched each episode multiple times). I first heard about it in DC where they were having a promotion for the show. Since (at that time) I hadn't really watched Monk (not so anymore...), I had missed all the promos for Psych. (Can I just say how great USA promos are that combine their characters?) But it's turned into my favorite scripted show of the summer. Sure, it's not realistic, but it's supposed to be crazy ridiculous. And I love it.

So if you're looking for something to watch... Kyle XY and Psych are running through the end of August (and I know Kyle XY is having a marathon at some point). I highly recommend. The fall season of TV is starting so soon!! (I have my schedule ready, do you? Yes, I'm an addict...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appointment TV dosen't work. I always miss it.
Well, if you have any questions about Kyle XY; I've told everything to staciel304@aol.com
(A single Voter.)
(He voted for me.)
but, I think something is wrong. I didn't make a friend with this insight. Oha Well.