Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Travel and Costco

A year or so ago, I started a list of the dates and destinations to which I had traveled, recording airline flights and hotel lodging and the like. I can't find the file (it's probably on my old computer), so today I have been putting together a new list. I like lists. This is fun.

Today I also went to Costco, mostly for an eye and contact lens check-up. I miss having lunch at Costco. I don't mean the pizza or chicken bake stuff; I mean the samples. Back in high school, I used to head over to Costco with my mom after school whenever I didn't have afterschool extracurriculars, and would eat sample snacks. I never really ate lunch in high school (I don't know how I did this - I rarely ate lunch, I didn't go to the bathroom the entire school day - how is this possible?), but would eat after school or when I got home. So Costco was perfect! Lots of fun picking up all different samples, and inevitably, buying something sampled. Yum.

I had lunch today, but also went to Costco for samples. They had turkey breast, chicken andouille sausage, breaded chicken tenderloins (these weren't ready when I was there), potato chips (reminding me that I don't really like potato chips), chocolate chip cookies and these multigrain crackers topped with crab salad. Bought the multigrain crackers. Can bring them to work and eat them with the cheese wedges that I got from Costco. A good snack.

I can't find some of the itineraries I am looking for, such as one of my interviewing trips to San Francisco. (You can see I am back to the travel topic). I think it is because some of the itineraries were sent via link to those travel reservation sites and not directly in email. Bah. I don't know if I saved printouts of them. Will need to check at home.

I never felt like I traveled much over the past few years. But looking at my list right now, there are tons of entries for law school. Then I realized it is just all the flying back and forth from Chicago to NYC. That counts, but it doesn't count. Oh well. Will go to try to discover more pieces of the past. Celebrity Duets is on tonight!

No comments: