Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Treasure Hunters Finale

Warning: Spoilers Inside!

I came home to find my DVR overspilling and erasing itself (if you did not catch an away message of mine earlier, it said that I was thinking about how the new fall TV season started tonight, but the season finales of 24 and Lost remain unwatched on my DVR), but I had previously marked the Treasure Hunters finale to save since I wanted to find out who won. I've seen all the episodes and generally followed the show, but I'm not obsessed with it like SYTYCD and in no way is it as good as the Amazing Race (which is coming back so soon and they are going to awesome cities!). Anyway, I sat down to watch it over dinner, after reprogramming the DVR to pick up repeats of Kyle XY and Prison Break that are broadcasting later in the week. (Vanished and Saved remain on the DVR, unwatched as of right now).

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the finale:

1. I tried to decide which one was worse: this finale or the bloated Apprentice live finales. I think this one might actually be worse than the Apprentice ones?

2. I really wanted Air Force to win. I'm disappointed.

3. I liked 2 of the 3 Genius guys. But my dislike of the 3rd made me not want them to win. Then there were the imploding boys on the other team...

4. 3 million dollars? Seriously? If Genworth has that much money to just give away, I'll gladly take some! It's not like that many people even watched the show!

5. Paraphrase: We tried to open the cryptex with every five letter word we could think of, like France...

Too many other boring/cheesy/bad moments of the finale to mention. But yeah, I suppose I did watch the whole thing. Oh well. Maybe Contender tomorrow will be as good as last week's episode (I liked both of those guys so much! Finally people who aren't fighting because of personal grudges and actually respect each other!) and I can recuperate with a good reality show. Something to tide me over until Celebrity Duets starts next week!!

No comments: