Wednesday, January 24, 2007

American Idol 6.3

Having missed the first 2 audition episodes because we were traveling, I finally tuned in to the new season of American Idol for the Memphis auditions. I had heard about the criticisms of Simon's comments in the other episodes, but was just surprised by how much less I cared about the people auditioning. The comments really weren't that different from previous seasons (at least not the part I've seen so far, it's still on) but I just didn't care for most of the first half. So I paused it and watched Veronica Mars and 2 episodes of Justice instead. Watching the rest over breakfast this morning.

I liked Sundance and the background singer girl. I can't remember anyone else I liked (so far).

I recently saw the guy who looked at first like a Paula stalker and then appeared to be there just to call his ex-wife [some bleeped out expletive] on national TV.

Then there was the girl who was about to have a wardrobe malfunction the whole song and talked about her own personal style and how it worked with her "confidentiality." I wasn't sure that's what I heard so I checked the closed captioning, and yup, that's what she said.

Eventually, Idol will run out of people who can sing, right? I still miss Season 2 (my favorite season).

No comments: